Los Angeles Auto Accident Attorney
A Los Angeles car accident lawyer is there to protect the rights and interests of their clients. If a personal injury attorney agrees to take on a case, then clearly, they believe the case has merit. In such scenarios, you can rest assured that they will have your interests in mind when representing you in a court of law. If you drive a lot, or even a little, there is a likelihood that you will sometimes get into some kind of an auto accident. When you are involved in any kind of accident and need help, please keep in mind the following points:
- Call the police
- Get an ambulance dispatched to the scene of the accident to check you out
- Ask the paramedics to transport you to the nearest hospital so you can get checked further. A lot of times, symptoms of injury may not show up right away so you want to check all major parts of your body to make sure there will not be problems later.
- Do not admit fault. Do not make assumptions about who is to blame.
- Exchange information with other parties that were involved in the accident, and any witnesses.
- Take clear photos of the scene of the accident, your car, the other party’s car, and any injuries.
- Do speak to insurance adjusters and never sign any release forms.
- Speak to a car accident lawyer Los Angeles immediately for a free consultation over the phone. If you are in the Los Angeles area, you can also try to make an appointment and see the attorney in person. But this is really not necessary. Experienced lawyers should be able to assess your situation over the phone.
The California Highway Patrol keeps track traffic reports and fatal injuries in California every year. You can have a look at that if you are interested in the statistics of it. Check out the CHP Traffic website.
This information is intended for people in Los Angeles. When a motor vehicle accident happens, there is a likelihood that some people will be injured. You will need to speak to Los Angeles car accident attorney, someone who fights for your rights, which you are entitled to. Also, you want that person to be someone that truly cares about you, and looks at you as a person who has been injured, not as a dollar sign. A lot of attorneys in this field have a mass production mill. They will treat you like a number and quickly settle with the insurance companies, making a quick buck. Then, they will move onto the next client and do the same over and over again. You don’t want to deal with someone like that. You want to deal with someone that will stand up for you. They should specialize in personal injury, like car accidents, animal attacks, motorcycle accidents, anything of that nature.
Of course, you can try to sue the other driver directly. But there are two problems with this. The first problem is that the other driver may not have any assets. Therefore, if you sue them, you may win a judgment, but you won’t be able to collect. The other problem is that it is more difficult to go after someone personally, than it is to go after their insurance carrier. Therefore, our suggestion is to go after the carrier, if possible. If they have a great policy, that’s good news for you. However, if their policy is low, like $15000, and your injuries amount to much higher than that, then you may have to hire an attorney that specializes in collections. There are many such people working in this field. They do nothing but go after bad debt. So if that’s what it comes down to, that’s what you will have to do. But that is only a last resort, and it’s usually very difficult and not worth it, unless the party has a lot of assets. In any case, you will be paying a percentage of everything anyway.